Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Playing local tourist

My girlfriend Karen and I had fun playing "tourist" at local stomping grounds a few weekends ago. We found some fun places to eat and play!

We checked out The Oregon Lavender Festival website and decided to venture out to the Helvetia Lavender Farm at 12814 NW Bishop Rd. in Hillsboro. We had a beautiful drive in the country and were rewarded with fields of purple, crafts booths and live music when we arrived to our destination.



To our surprise we discovered that they now have a "Tea Pavillion", we quickly claimed a table complete with a view to die for...all this with tea and scones served to us in high tea style! What's not to love? Pinkies up!

Next stop was "Art on a Lark" 403 SW Dennis Ave. Hillsboro 503-648-4395 My journaling group has been talking about this shop for months and I wanted to check it out since we were in Hillsboro. A dream store for anyone who loves to play with mixed media! They have a fabulous work space you can use, including stamps, papers, etc. Check out their website http://www.artonalark.com/


I can't wait to go back and play! Cooking is never on the menu when we have these "bad girl weekends", always looking for fun places to eat, we ended up on Hawthorne Blvd. at "Por que' no ?", funky atmosphere and fabulous food! Tacos are under $3.00! Be sure to check out the outdoor area in the back! On our way home we couldn't help but stop at the hot pink store front "Vintage Pink" on Hawthorne Blvd. It was like stepping back in time. I stopped counting after "5" for all the times we said "I use to have one of these as a kid..." Does that make us "Vintage Friends"?

Lots of Fun!

Our last day we manage to drive to the beach, finding yet more great stores to be "bad" in!

Check out "Found" in Cannon Beach, treasures to be discovered! If you need a bead fix check out "Beads by the Sea" before you leave Cannon Beach.

I'm not really a beader, but I did pick up a few supplies to finish a necklace I've been wanting to complete. My daughter brought me a treasure trove of old keys and watch parts from France a couple of years ago and I've been saving them to make a necklace. I'll post a picture later of the finished product, but here's a picture of a few of my treasures!
Off to work on my necklace!


Ta Ta




No comments:

Post a Comment